Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to Froyo XWJS3 2.2.1
Last time we saw on how you can update to Froyo 2.2.1 XXJPU version and Froyo 2.2.1 XXJPY on your Samsung Galaxy S which were not so stable versions of Froyo, but it seems that the latest version which was updated to KIES for some users which is dubbed as Froyo 2.2.1 XWJS3. So, let’s see how you can install this firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S. After installing this XWJS3 version on your Samsung Galaxy S, battery life as well as the Speed gets increased substantially.
So, for Galaxy S users who want to increase the battery life as well as the overall speed, this is the safest and the best way to do so. Before proceeding to the procedure make sure that you have backed up all information as you will lose all data which is loaded in the phone included applications, contacts and messages. The best way to back up your contacts is either with on-device backup tool or you can back up your contacts with the Gmail client. Please note that, just like the previous firmware that is XXJPY 2.2.1, this version which is Froyo 2.2.1 XWJS3 too comes with a KIES support. Also, please note that this update is only for model which is Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and not for any other device like for Vibrant, Captivate, Mesmerize, Fascinate, Epic, I9003 etc. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps carefully as if you don’t follow the steps then it may dead your phone.
Procedure to update 2.2.1 XWJS3 on your Samsung Galaxy S:
- Firstly, you need to download the 2.2.1 XWJS3 firmware from your computer and need to save this downloaded 7 zip file as it is on the desktop and then you need to extract the contents to a folder
- Next up after installing the file, you need to open Odin 1.3 client so that you can install this downloaded firmware into your device. After opening the Odin 1.3, ensure that you have completely closed the KIES application from your computer.
- Now, switch off your phone, take out the sim card and Switch On your device in the download mode. For starting your device in the download mode, you need to hold down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch On your device. If you see a screen like the below one then only it means that you have successfully started your device in the download mode. If your device restarts normally with home screen then that means download mode have not been initiated, in this case you again need to switch off the device and again you will have to try restarting your device in download mode.
- Now, after you see successful download mode screen shown above, connect Samsung Galaxy S to the computer, after which you will see that ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED.
- After connecting your phone, you need to select PDA option and need to select the unzipped file which you have downloaded and simply click on the Start option. Please note that you don’t add or select any other option, as this may do some serious consequences to your device after which you may not be able to use your device.
- As soon as you click on the Start option, the firmware will start updating in the device, please note that you don’t unplug your device and ensure that you have continuous power because if in the between power goes off then your phone will become dead and then again in download mode you need to start loading the firmware.
- After installation gets over, your device will be rebooted and will take longer time than the normal reboot as this is the first time after the firmware upgrade the device is getting switched On.
- Now after successful installation of the new firmware its now time to optimize your device with new firmware so that your phone becomes faster and zippier. First turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
If the firmware upgrade gets un successful, you can retry installing the firmware again, if still you are unable to flash your device or your device is not switching On then you can flash your device with XXJPY 2.2.1 by following the procedure mentioned in the last post.
This is it, your device will now restart and you can check by going to Settings, About phone and you will find that current firmware of your Android device is XWJS3 2.2.1. Please note that this upgrading neither needs you to root your device or roots your device after installing this firmware. If you encounter with any problems or face any problems then do report the same in the comments section, we will help you in solving the problem.
Password : androidadvices.com