It seems that day by day the new and stable firmwares are coming out for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. After the most stable versions like Froyo 2.2.1 XXJPY and XWJS3, now an all new firmware has hit the Samsung’s server which is named as XWJS5 which now comes with a PIT of 803 unlike’s earlier PIT of 512, so we can expect better stability and better battery life from this version of firmware. Also, this firmware version comes with usual KIES 2 support and also the quadrant scores have been successfully improved a bit.
So, this XWJS5 one will be the perfect firmware for those who periodically complain about the lesser battery life and speed issues. Before proceeding to the procedure make sure that you have backed up all information as you will lose all data which is loaded in the phone included applications, contacts and messages. The best way to back up your contacts is either with on-device backup tool or you can back up your contacts with the Gmail client.
So, let’s see how you can install this firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S. Also, please note that this update is only for model which is Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and not for any other device like for Vibrant, Captivate, Mesmerize, Fascinate, Epic, I9003 etc. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps carefully as if you don’t follow the steps then it may dead your phone.
Please note that due to immense demand we are also providing the installation files such as Odin and PIT files in this post, so please keep them handy and store these files in your computer as these files are the base files and you will requires these every time whenever you upgrade / downgrade the software.
Procedure to update 2.2.1 XWJS3 on your Samsung Galaxy S:
- Firstly, you need to download the 2.2.1 XWJS5 firmware from your computer and need to save this downloaded 7 zip file as it is on the desktop and then you need to extract the contents to a folder. Also, along with this you will have to download the Odin + PIT Files and the Odin as PIT file which we used till now has changed.
- Next up you need to open Odin 1.3 from the above zip file so that you can install this downloaded firmware into your device. After opening the Odin 1.3, ensure that you have completely closed the KIES application on your computer and ensure that you haven’t connected the mobile phone.
- Now, first switch off your phone, take out the sim card along with the memory card and Switch On your device in the download mode. To start download mode in Samsung Galaxy S GT I 9000, you need to hold down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If you see a screen like the below one then only it means that you have successfully started your device in the download mode. If your device restarts normally with home screen then that means download mode have not been initiated, in this case you again need to switch off the device and again you will have to try restarting your device in download mode. Please note that as long as you are installing anything in download mode, you will never brick your phone.
- Now, as soon as you see the phone’s screen like above that means you have successfully entered in the download mode, now connect Samsung Galaxy S to the computer, after which you will see that ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED.
- After connecting your phone, you need to select PDA option select the unzipped file which you have downloaded and along with this in the PIT option, you will need to select the PIT file of 803 and then simply click on the Start option. Please note that you don’t add or select any other option, as this may do some serious consequences to your device after which you may not be able to use your device.
- As soon as you click on the Start option, the firmware will start updating in the device, please note that you don’t unplug your device and ensure that you have continuous power because if in the between power goes off then your phone will become dead and then again in download mode you need to start loading the firmware.
- After installation gets over, your device will be rebooted and will take longer time than the normal reboot as this is the first time after the firmware upgrade the device is getting switched ON. Last time some users have complained about power failure, not to worry you can flash your device again once the power resumes, but make sure that you again follow the procedure from the Start.
- Now after successful installation of the new firmware it’s now time to optimize your device with new firmware so that your phone becomes faster and zippier. First turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
This is it, your device will now restart and you can check by going to Settings, About phone and you will find that current firmware of your Android device is XWJS5 2.2.1. Please note that this upgrading neither needs you to root your device or roots your device after installing this firmware. If you have not successfully done with the firmware update, then just flash the firmware again by following the above mentioned steps. If you encounter with any problems or face any problems then do report the same in the comments section, we will help you in solving the problem.
Update: Please note that after downloading the firmware, kindly enter the password which is mentioned below and not the earlier on, androidadvices.com. Inconvenience is regretted.
Password : samfirmware.com