Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 XXKP1 Firmware:
- So, before proceeding you need to download the ICS Package for Samsung Galaxy S2 followed by which you need to extract the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- Match all the extracted files with the below mentioned screen capture. Even if single file is missing, check with the download or extraction of files. The total file size of the ICS Package is (MB).
- Now, from the extracted files, open the odin executable file and then turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode. To enter into the download mode you will have to now you will have to press the Volume Down Key + OK (Center) button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Alternatively, you can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the download mode easily.
- As soon as you enter into the download mode, with the help of USB cable connect the phone to computer while keeping the Odin opened. After connecting the phone, you will see that the ID:COM block in the Odin will turn yellow which means that all the drivers in the Odin have been successfully installed and you are now all ready to update the firmware.
- In the Odin, by clicking on the below mentioned options select the corresponding files which you can select from extracted files.
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
BOOTLOADER – I9100_APBOOT_I9100XXKP1_CL16459_REV02_eng_mid_ship.tar.md5,
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXKP1_CL16459_REV02_eng_mid_ship.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXKP1_REV_02_CL1085642.tar.md5
- Now after selecting and checking the file selections, you need to check the same and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 5 – 10 minutes to finish the process of firmware update.
- After this disconnect the USB Cable, turn Off the phone and enter into the download mode to connect the phone to computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer to select the file as mentioned below. Don’t select any other file in any other option.
PDA – I9100_KERNEL_I9100XXKP1_CL16459_REV02_eng_mid_ship.tar.md5
- As soon as the phone is updated successfully, the phone will be rebooted and you will be asked to choose the Language from the Language Preferences and after that you will need to enter your Google Account Credentials to get access to the Google powered Applications.
- So once you have updated the firmware successfully, you will now need to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode to clear off all the cache files or else you will face issues like Force Close etc.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the phone boots normally then you will have to again repeat the button combination which is mentioned above to enter the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” and after this you need to also select “reboot system” so as to restart the phone.
So, that’s it it will take up to 5 minutes to reboot he phone as it will clear off all the cache files. Do let us know if you face any issues in the comments section below.
Pages: 1 2