How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware
Procedure to Update Galaxy SII GTI9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO:
- Download ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware package & Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same to get the tar file and Odin executable file. Now, open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Once the ID: COM section is turned Yellow then click on “Start” for applying the firmware update. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, the device will be rebooted and then you need to disconnect the device.
- Now, turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- As soon as the device is rebooted, you can check the same whether the firmware update has been applied or not from the path “Settings > About phone > Firmware version” where it will be mentioned as XWLPO.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
So there you go you have now successfully updated the device with the latest firmware XWLPO in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.