Pre Requisites before updating Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with XXKG3:
- Note that you download the appropriate files and also you will have to back up all the data which is present in your phone which includes the call log which you can back with an app with your Gmail account, text messages which again can be backed up with your Gmail account with the help of an SMS Backup application, Pictures, Videos and Music files can either be backed up using the cloud based service or can be physically copied to your computer and later can be transferred back to the phone once the firmware is updated.
- So, once the data is taken care, it’s time for all your settings to be backed up, the most important one being the Internet APN Settings as well as the MMS Settings with which you are able to surf internet in 3G or in EDGE as well as send MMS messages. You will have to manually note down all these settings as you will have to reconfigure them all once the firmware is updated.
- Create a backup of all the Internet APN settings along with the MMS settings so that you can again configure them all after the firmware update as sometimes these settings tend to get erased or wiped off completely after the update.
- Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD card if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Last but not the least ensure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and not any other phone as if you proceed installing any other phone then there is a high possibility that you will brick your phone after which your phone will become un usable. Just in case if the upgradation gets interrupted in between then you will have to re follow the whole procedure again from the start so that the updation process of 2.3.4 completes successfully.
- If you have rooted your phone earlier then after the firmware update you will have to again root the device as the phone will be un rooted and the rooting access will be revoked. We will soon come out with an article on how you can root your device.
Video Tutorial :