Procedure to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to Gingerbread XXKG3 2.3.4:
- First of all you will have to download the XXKG3 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Zip Package to your computer which contains all the necessary files which will be required to upgrade the firmware to Gingerbread 2.3.4. Please note that you will have to download the files to the desktop so that it will be easier for you to find the same. Once you download the file, next up is you will have to unzip the same. Now, go to your desktop and right click on the downloaded zip file where you will find an option of “Extract Files” and need to select the same after which you will see the prompt as shown below. Please note that while unzipping the file, you will be prompted to enter the password. Enter the password as androidadvices.com
- So, once the files are extracted you will see that all the files are downloaded successfully. The files which are extracted are shown in the below screen shot.
- Once you unzip the zip file you will see that in all there will be 6 files which are the Odin 1.83 version, Code file, CSC File, S2 USB Drivers, modem file and also last but not the least the PIT file too which we will be using them in the due course of this article. After unzipping the files you will see all the files as shown in the above screen shot. Just in case if any file is missing then you will have to download the same again.
- After this, just open the “Odin Multi uploader” file from the extracted folder and then you will have to now turn the phone Off as you will have to turn your phone ON in the download mode as shown in a short video below for your convenience,
- After this as soon as you get into the download mode, you will have to connect the Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to the computer with the help of USB cable while Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below snapshot and after that you will have to add the files respectively as shown in the above screen shot,
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit,
PDA – CODE_I9100XXKG3_CL401405_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXKG3_REV_02_CL1040774.tar.md5,
- Ensure that you have double checked the entries or the selection of files as mentioned above proceed and click on the “Start” option to start the firmware updation process. After clicking on the start, you will see that the firmware will be installed in your phone within a time of not more than 5 minutes. Now, as soon as the update is applied into the phone, the phone will process the update at the final stage which will be shown just like the below mentioned screen as in the message box you will see the message as “PASS” which shows that the firmware update was successful.
Video Tutorial :