How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with XXLPB ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users get their February delight as an all new version of ICS flavored based on stock firmware update has arrived and this time its dubbed as XXLPB firmware it was last time many users reported issues like force close errors but this version of firmware takes care of most of the issues. This firmware ropes in some of the minor enhancements along with the performance fixes which we will be checking in detail over the due course of this article. Please note that this is not an Official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics and also we don’t have an exact ETA on by when there will be an official update of ICS Android 4.0.3.
Note: This update is not for the users of I9100G, the model number should be I9100 only which you can find by dialing *#1234# in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
Disclaimer: Please note that this process of firmware update is not recommended for the basic users and is only recommended for the advanced users. Also, we should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in any manner after applying this update.
Enhancements in XXLPB Firmware:
- Interface: Kind of 3D effect when scrolling.
- Battery: Lots better than early ones.
- Faster: Feels the same as LP6
- Touch: Same as LP6.
- Overall: Better score in our eyes than LP6.
- Face Lock: Same as LP6 working fine.
- Task: Same as version LP6.
- For updating with this firmware, there is no compulsion that you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100,
- Applying this firmware then it doesn’t mean that the phone is rooted,
- Just in case if your S2 is already rooted, then after applying with this update the rooting access will be revoked,
- We will soon be coming up with an article wherein it will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLPB Android 4.0.3 firmware version.
Screen Captures of XXLPB Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
Before proceeding to the list of instructions to update, you need to follow the List of Pre Requisites which you need to follow to update the same.