Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Gingerbread XWKJ2 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download XWKJ2 Firmware from here to your computer. Extract the same to your computer, in the process of extraction it will prompt you for the password. Enter the password as sampro.pl.
- Once the files are extracted, you need to open the Odin from the extracted files as shown below.
- After opening Odin, turn Off your phone to enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below Video for more.
- As soon as you enter download mode, with the help of Original USB cable connect the Galaxy S2 with computer after which the drivers will first be installed followed by which the ID : COM section in Odin will turn yellow which means that all the drivers are now ready.
- Click on “PDA” tab to select the file “I9100GXWKJ2_I9100GODDKJ2_I9100GDDKI1_HOME.tar.md5” which you will get in the extracted files and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once you click on “Start”, the process of firmware update will begin. It will take around 15 minutes for the firmware update to get completed.
- Note: If the firmware update gets stuck in the middle then you need to reinsert the battery to start the firmware update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- To check whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, you need to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as XWKJ2 2.3.6 Gingerbread version.
Tips for Users facing Force Close ERRORS:
- Just in case if you are facing issues after applying this firmware, unplug the phone and then turn Off your phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode. You can enter recovery mode by holding the Volume UP key and then press the Power ON button simultaneously. In the recovery mode screen, you need to select “Wipe Data / factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” which will clear off all the data which is stored in the phone.
So, that’s it you have now successfully updated your device with the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.