For all those Samsung Korean users of Galaxy S2 smartphone who were not able to apply the official update via KIES can now apply the update manually too. In the due course of this article, we will be talking about on how you can update your device with the latest Android’s ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. Please note that irrespective of your current firmware in your Galaxy S2 M250K, you can follow this procedure to update your phone.
Over a period of this article, we will also check out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed tutorial.
- Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this firmware the rooting access will be revoked.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t require your Galaxy S2 to be pre rooted, even the non-rooted phones can be applied with this firmware.
- Very soon, immediately after this article we will be coming up with an article which will help you to root your Galaxy S2 M250K on ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Data like SMS, Contacts, APN Settings and Call Log is very important and in the process of firmware update, the data may get corrupted or may even et erased. So it’s highly important that you backup all the data using the below mentioned data
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery left in the device should be 60% so as to avoid device from getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you need to ensure that all the antivirus suites in your phone and PC are completely disabled.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture. (Phone should be disconnected from computer while enabling the USB Debugging Mode).
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update.