Procedure to update Galaxy Y S 5630 with Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware:
- First up you need to download Gingerbread 2.3.5 Package for Galaxy Y S5360 from here to your computer and after this you will have to extract the same to a folder in your desktop. Please note that in the due course of extraction of files, it may prompt you to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” after which the files will b extracted as shown in the below screenshot.
- So, once you match with the screen capture which is mentioned above at your end, you can now proceed to turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the download mode.
- Now, after this as soon as you enter the download mode you will now have to open the “Odin” executable file from the extracted files and then you need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which is supplied to at the time of purchase.
- After you connect the phone with the computer while the Odin is opened in the computer you will now see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean the all the drivers have been installed successfully. It will take just around 4 – 5 minutes for the ID : COM section to turn yellow.
- Now, after this you will have to select the corresponding files in the Odin for the respective options.
PIT – totoro_0623.pit
PDA – PDA_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5
CSC – GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-OXXKI6.tar.md5
- After you select all the files as mentioned in the above shown manner, double check the same and then simply click on the “Start” tab in the Odin to start the process of firmware update. Please note that at this point of time you don’t interrupt the process of firmware update or else there will be a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
- Now, after the firmware update gets done successfully, you will see that the phone will be restarted. Once the phone gets restarted, you will be asked to enter the Language Preference followed by the Google account credentials. So, once you are done with this you will see the home screen in your phone which will mean that the firmware has been successfully updated.
- Just in case to know whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, you will need to check the same from the path of “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version mentioned as XXKI6 2.3.5 Gingerbread version.
So now after successful firmware updation, you will now have to turn Off the phone so that you can enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- After entering the recovery mode, you will have to choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option. Please note that you will have to ensure that you don’t select any other options or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. Please note that its utmost important to follow this step or else you will have to face force close errors.
Note: In the process of the firmware update, there will be some data which will be erased which you need to restore the same by following the tips which were mentioned in the pre requisite instructions in the last page. Just in case if you are unable to access the INTERNET / 3G in your phone then you need to configure the APN Settings manually in the path which you have noted down earlier in the path Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Just in case if you forgot to backup then you will have to contact your service provider so that the settings can be configured manually.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issue while updating the phone, so that we can assist you with the same at the earliest to solve all your issues.