How to Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with Official DDLA1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
Procedure to Update Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLA1 Firmware in Samsung Galaxy Y S5360:
- Download Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLA1 Package from here to your computer and then extract the same. For your benefit, we haven’t added any sorts of password to the zip file.
- As soon you extract the files, you need to match the extracted files with the below image, even if single file is missing you need to check with extraction or download process.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Y so as to enter the device in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + Middle button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Connect the device to the computer while keeping the Odin as opened. As soon as you connect, you will see that the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are successfully updated and you are ready to proceed with the next step.
Caution: Don’t proceed if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn yellow or else your phone will be bricked.
- Click on “PDA” and select “S5360DDLA1_S5360ODDLA1_S5360DDLA1_HOME.tar.md5”. Once you are done with the selection, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the update is applied successfully, the device will be restarting and you may be asked to enter the Google Account preferences along with the Internet connectivity options etc.
- Now, turn Off the phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
- Once you are done with this, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and press the power button on the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. So, now you will see that the phone is successfully booted in the firmware of DDLA1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
Tip: If KIES is still not detecting the device on DDLA1 Firmware, then you need to check that KIES is on the latest version or not.
Last Word: You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware is DDLA1 firmware. If there is any other version being shown then you need to again follow the procedure to update the device.
Do let us know if there is anything in the comments section below you need assistance on as we will be more than happy to help you.