Procedure to Update Galaxy Y S5360 with DDLC2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- After downloading the DDLC2 Package from the list of pre requisites mentioned in the last page, you can now proceed to extracting the same as shown in the below screen capture. Ensure that the entire files match with the one you extract in your computer.
- After this, you need to open the Odin from the extracted Files and turn Off your device so that it can then be entered into the Download Mode.
- Now, turn Off the phone so that you can then enter into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. To know more, refer to the below Video.
- Once you enter into the download mode, you need to connect the phone to the computer while keeping the Odin opened. Once you connect the phone, the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and files have to be selected. Now, in odin, click on “PDA” and select “S5360DDLC2_S5360ODDLA2_S5360DDLC2_HOME.tar.md5” file as shown in the below screen capture.
- After checking with the file selections, you need to click on “Start” after which the firmware application process will be started and once its finished, the device will be restarting which will mean that the firmware has updated successfully.
- To check whether he firmware has been successfully updated or not, you need to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version mentioned as DDLC2 2.3.6 Gingerbread version.
- After this, turn off the phone to get into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button as shown in the below video.
Tip: Just in case if due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of DDLC2 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware In your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.