How To Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to Froyo XXKA8 2.2.1 Firmware
Procedure to update Galaxy SL I9003 with XXKA8 2.2.1 Firmware:
- Before proceeding to the updation you will have to download the Galaxy SL I9003 XXKA8 Firmware Package which will have all the necessary files like CODE, Modem, CSC along with the Odin Multi uploader v1.83. Please note that even if a single file is missing then it means that the files have not been downloaded properly and again you need to download them.
- In the process of extraction, if you are prompted to enter the password then enter the password as androidadvices.com. Please note that you should not rename the file in any manner or else the files won’t be recognized by the flashing tool which is Odin in this case. Now, once you complete extracting the files, just click on the Odin folder and then the Odin.exe file to open that flashing software client. There are many versions of Odin which are currently available and are provided by other forums but beware of using them as they are not recommended and the one which comes along with the above mentioned zip file is the recommended one. So, just open the same in your computer after which it will look like the below screen shot,
- After this, just open the “Odin Multi uploader” file from the extracted folder and then you will have to now turn the phone Off as you will have to turn your phone ON in the download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Now, if you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen which is shown below. Please note that if the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone.
- Now, as soon as you get into the download mode, you will have to connect the Galaxy SL I9003 to the computer with the help of USB cable while Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below snapshot and after that you will have to add the files respectively as shown below,
PIT – latona_20110114.pit,
Phone – MODEM_I9003XXKA8_REV_00_CL876624.tar.md5,
PDA – I9003XXKA8-REV08-PDA-low-CL876107.tar.md5,
CSC – GT-I9003-CSC-SERKA8.tar.md5,
- So, after you enter in the files, you will have to double check the same and then you will have to proceed and click on the “Start” option to start the firmware update process. After clicking on the start, you will see that the firmware will be installed in your phone within a time of not more than 5 minutes.
- You will see that as soon as the flashing process is completed, the device will be rebooting and after that you will see that the device will ask you to setup the Google Account as well as the time zone after selecting which you will see that the home screen will be seen on the phone. As soon as you see the home screen, you just need to plug out the USB cable from your phone which is connected the the computer.
- As soon as the phone is successfully updated with the latest version of UCKF1, you will have to now clear the cache from your phone so that all the cache data is being erased. To erase the same, you will have to first go into the recovery mode which can be done by first switching your phone off and then long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which your Galaxy Captivate will be rebooting and again you will have to set up your Google accounts etc.
To check on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.2.1. As you can see above that we have shown some of the images of latest Gingerbread update. Do let us know if you face any issues or problems as we will ensure that all the issues are sorted out.