How to Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 with Official Gingerbread 2.3.4 Arabic Update
Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Arabic users now have a reason to smile as in the due course of this article we will be discussing on how you can install the latest and the Official Arabic firmwares for the users who reside in United Arab Emirates and Pakistan as Samsung has officially pushed this update of the latest Gingerbread 2.3.4 Firmware. This all new update ropes in several changes which also will be discussed in this article. This all new firmware is dubbed as JPKPH Gingerbread 2.3.4 version.
Rooting Information: Applying this update will not void the warranty in any manner, also if your device is already rooted then after applying this Official firmware, the rooting access will be revoked.
We will soon come up with a new article which will help you to root your SL I9003 on JPKPH Firmware. So to keep things simple, lets head to the next page where we will be checking out on how you can apply the update of Arabic firmware in your device.
Enhancements in this Official Arabic JPKPH Firmware:
- Arabic Support,
- Battery life has been marginally optimized for long lasting charge,
- Android Market Place can be directly upgraded to Google PLAY,
- Google Play works even on slower data speed,
- Force Close errors have been addressed,
- Overheating of the device after full charge too has been solved in this update,
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any form in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Important data present in your phone should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets corrupted or deleted, the same can be restored easily. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup / restore the data. Since it’s an official update, you can also backup the data using the KIES PC Suite.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge left in your device should be a minimum of 60% so that your phone doesn’t give up in the middle of firmware update.
- Turn Off all the antivirus as well as Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, it’s now time to proceed to next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial.