Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 with Official Arabic Update:
- Download Arabic Package from here to your computer and extract the same. Apart from this, you also need to download the Odin in your computer from the corresponding link.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your device so that you can then turn ON your device in the download mode.
- The Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can refer the below mentioned video on how you can enter into the download mode.
- Once Download mode is entered, you need to connect your phone to the computer using the Original USB cable. Once the device is connected, you will see ID : COM section turning yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are ready to proceed for the next step.
Tip: If the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow then you need to install the Samsung USB Drivers and also you need to ensure that in “Applications > Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings > Samsung KIES is ticked”.
- Click on “PDA” and select the file named as “I9003JPKPH_I9003OJPKPC_I9003JXKP3_HOME.tar.md5” which you can get from the extracted files from the first step.
- After selecting the file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the update is applied successfully the device will automatically restart and once the home screen is shown, you need to remove the connected USB cable and turn off the device so that the recovery mode can be entered.
- Recovery mode step is very important so as to avert from the issue of Force Close errors as after the update some files tend to get corrupted which needs to be removed.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing up on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Tip: Just in a rare case due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So that’s it you have now successfully applied the update of Gingerbread 2.3.4 Arabic version. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Pages: 1 2