Procedure to Update DDKPG Gingerbread update on Samsung Galaxy SL I9003:
- Download DDKPG Gingerbread Package to your computer and then unzip the same. In the process of unzipping, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without inverted comas.
- Now, once the files are extracted, you will have to now match with the extracted files screen capture which is mentioned below. Please note that if at all if there are any files which are missing then you will have to again re download and unzip the same from the above link.
- From the extracted files, click on the Odin Executable file to open the same. As soon as you open the same, you will find the screen as shown below.
- Now, while keeping the Odin opened in the computer you will have to turn Off the phone and enter the phone into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Just in case if the phone boots up in the normal mode then you need to again try the process as without entering download mode it’s not recommend to proceed forward.
- Upon entering the download mode, you now need to connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable. As soon as you connect the phone, the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are successfully installed and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, in the Odin you need to select files by clicking on the corresponding option which is mentioned below,
PDA – I9003XWKPG_I9003ODDKPG_I9003DDKP3_HOME.tar.md5
- Ensure that you are matching all the settings which are mentioned in the below screen capture of the Odin. Once you are done with the checking of the files, click on the “Start” to proceed with the process of firmware update.
- Now, as soon as the firmware update process is finished, you will then be prompted to enter the Google account details as well as the Language preferences after which you will see the home screen.
- After this turn off the phone so that you can then turn On the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the Video below to know more on how to enter the phone into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition to clear all the cache. So, once you finish this, you will have to select the option of “ ++++ Go back ++++” and then select the option of “reboot system now” to reboot he phone.
So, that’s it you have now successfully updated the phone with the DDKPG firmware which is for all the Indian users. Do let us know if there is anything with which we can help you wish as we will ensure that all your issues are sorted out at the earliest.