Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXKPN Firmware Package
Procedure to update Galaxy SL I9003 with Gingerbread XXKPN 2.3.5:
- Before proceeding download the XXKPN Zip file from the above downloads section and after that you need to unzip the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter in the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- As soon as you enter the password, the files will be successfully extracted and then match with the below mentioned files. If even file is missing then you need to again download and extract the files.
- Up next, open the “Odin flash tool” from the extracted files and then turn Off the phone so that you can then enter your phone into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. To know more, refer below mentioned video.
- Once the download mode is entered, with the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase you need to connect the phone to the computer while keeping the Odin opened.
- As soon as you connect the phone, the ID : COM block in the Odin will turn yellow which will signify that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed with the rest of the instructions.
- Now, click on the below mentioned corresponding tab and select the appropriate file from the extracted zip file.
PDA – I9003XXKPN_I9003XXKPN_I9003SERKPN_HOME.tar.md5
Note: Match all the settings from the above screen capture including the “Re Partition” option etc.
- After checking the file selection, proceed by clicking on the Start. As soon as the firmware is updated, the phone will be restarted after which you will be prompted to enter the Language settings as well as the Google Account credentials.
- For checking whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, you will have to go to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as XXKPN 2.3.5 Gingerbread version. If there is any other version then that means you again will have to follow the procedure to update.
- After successful firmware update, turn Off the device to enter the device into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the below mentioned video to know more on how to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
That’s it you have now successfully applied the update of XXKPN 2.3.5 in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003.
Pages: 1 2