Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone users can now update with the latest custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as Resurrection Remix which ropes in the goodness of the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware like style which we have shown in the form of screen captures on how it looks like. With added wallpapers, more applications without compromising on the speed and with faster EXT4 performance, one can enjoy the whole new magic of this custom ROM firmware. In the coming days we will be checking more such custom ROM firmwares which will further help you to make the most out of your device.
This update should be only applied to the devices which are having the model number as Galaxy SL I9003 and not to the devices like Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 or to any locked devices as it may even brick the device. We are very thankful to the recognized XDA developer kkrraazzyy who has come up with this custom ROM firmware. Since this firmware can only be applied on the rooted devices, download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check on whether your Galaxy SL I9003 is rooted or not.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Just in case if you haven’t rooted your Galaxy SL I9003, you will have to follow the below mentioned two instructions so as to root your device,
Since the custom ROM firmware is being flashed, you will have to make sure that you have created a backup of all the data so as to make sure that the data lost can be replenished. So, it’s recommended to create a backup of all the below mentioned data with the help of below steps manually. Don’t create a backup of all the data with the help of ROM Manager Application as it may potentially brick the device for which we should not be held responsible.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003. Also, minimum battery charge should not fall below 40% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned screen captures, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy SL I9003 with Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware package from here along with the Google Apps Package to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place these files in your device.
- Make sure that you are not placing the zip files deep into the sub folders. Once placed, disconnect the phone connected from computer and Open the ROM Manager app in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to select the option of “Flash Clock Work mod Recovery” and then once its flashed successfully, select “Reboot into Recovery Mode” option in ROM Manager.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Resurrection Remix firmware package which you have placed in the device along with the Google Apps Package. It will take around 3 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and you will be prompted to enter the Google Account and Wi Fi Settings. Please note that if you face any force close errors, then enter the device in the recovery mode and select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache.
- To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you can navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the details as shown in the below screen capture.
Note: If at all your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003.