With the discontinuation of the most popular handset from Samsung Electronics which is Samsung Galaxy I9000 many people might have got disheartened but with the arrival of Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smiles would have been back as it now comes in a much more lower cost at around for 220$ across the World though SL I9003 doesn’t come with the Super AMOLED screen which is one of the World’s brightest screens this one comes with the Super Clear LCD screen so that you will not feel that you are using a lesser dim screen phone. So, for all those who have already bought this handset let’s see on how you can flash your device with the latest firmware of Froyo 2.2.1 version as this device straight away comes with the 2.2 version of Froyo.
So, let’s see how you can install this firmware on your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003. Also, please note that this update is only for model which is Samsung Galaxy S LCD-I9003 and not for any other device like for Galaxy S GT I9000, Vibrant, Captivate, Mesmerize, Fascinate, Epic etc. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps carefully as if you don’t follow the steps then it may dead your phone. Please note that due to immense demand we are also providing the installation files such as Odin and PIT files in this post, so please keep them handy and store these files in your computer as these files are the base files and you will requires these every time whenever you upgrade / downgrade the software.
Before proceeding to the procedure make sure that you have backed up all information as you will lose all data which is loaded in the phone included applications, contacts and messages. The best way to back up your contacts is either with on-device backup tool or you can back up your contacts with the Gmail client. Now, you may ask about what are the benefits of flashing this firmware an also is this firmware official one? Yes, actually this firmware is the next version of Froyo 2.2 and is XWKB1 and comes with the benefits like advanced battery enhancer and also comes with many other tweaks which is sure to boost the performance of your phone Galaxy SL I9003 so that you can make the most out of your Android device.
So, let’s proceed and see on how you can install the firmware on your device but always ensure that you are following the steps properly and mentioned as per the wordings and never try to jump the instructions as this will lead to serious complications with your phone which may sometimes be repairable and sometimes it’s irreparable. Most of the functionalities in this firmware works well but in some apps you may face issues and also no issues has been reported by the users who have actually updated the device with this firmware version.
Procedure to flash Galaxy SL I9003 with froyo 2.2.1 XWKB1:
- Firstly, you need to download theI9003XWKB1 AAD firmware from here to your computer and then you will have to unzip the compressed file which is downloaded, while at the time of unzipping you will be asked with the password wherein you need to enter it as none other than (androidadvices.com) and then the file will be successfully unzipped.
- Now, in the unzipped file you will be finding the 4 different files which are,
Please note that if any of the above file is not present in your unzipped file then you will have to download again.
- Next up you need to download the Odin from here and need to install the same on your Computer of Laptop. Please note that at this point of time you will have to close the KIES completely as this may interfere with Odin and may cause some problems in flashing the device and also most importantly ensure that you haven’t connected the mobile phone.
- Now, first switch off your phone, take out the sim card along with the memory card and Switch On your device in the download mode. To start download mode in Samsung Galaxy SL I 9003, you need to hold down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If you see a screen like the below one then only it means that you have successfully started your device in the download mode. If your device restarts normally with home screen then that means download mode have not been initiated, in this case you again need to switch off the device and again you will have to try restarting your device in download mode. Please note that as long as you are installing anything in download mode, you will never brick your phone.
- Now, as soon as you see the phone’s screen like above that means you have successfully entered in the download mode and now all you need to do is to just simply connect your SL I9003 to the computer after which within sometime the required drivers are loaded after which you will see that ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown below and then you will have to select all the files as shown below,
PIT – latona_20110114.pit
PDA – I9003XWKB1-REV08-ALL-low-CL890783.tar.md5
PHONE – MODEM_I9003XXKB1_REV_00_CL889972.tar.md5
Do, perform a double check on the additions which have been done as if you are wrongly selecting the files then you may even brick the phone as this will infuse the wrong set of files into the phone.
- Now as soon as you click on the Start option, the firmware will start updating in the device, please note that you don’t unplug your device and ensure that you have continuous power because if in the between power goes off then your phone will become dead and then again in download mode you need to start loading the firmware.
- After installation gets over, your device will be rebooted and will take longer time than the normal reboot as this is the first time after the firmware upgrade the device is getting switched ON. Last time some users have complained about power failure, not to worry you can flash your device again once the power resumes, but make sure that you again follow the procedure from the Start. So, always ensure a continuous power supply so that you no need to repeat the whole procedure again.
- Now after successful installation of the new firmware it’s now time to optimize your device with new firmware so that your phone becomes faster and zippier. First turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now. To find whether your device has now on the 2.2.1 firmware or not you will have to first tap on the Applications > Settings > About Phone where in you will see in the bottom line that the Firmware version will show 2.2.1 compared to previous 2.2 version.
Please note that this upgrading neither needs you to root your device or roots your device after installing this firmware. If you have not successfully done with the firmware update, then just flash the firmware again by following the above mentioned steps. If you encounter with any problems or face any problems then do report the same in the comments section or alternatively you can also report any issues in the forums section, we will surely address all the queries regarding the same.