How to Update Samsung Infuse 4G (SGH-i997) with Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G users can now be happy with your phones as in the due course of this article we will be checking on how to apply this Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. Samsung has now officially rolled out the update over the KIES mini which we will be checking out with the help of a detailed article with the help of images. When talked about the enhancements, this firmware update comes with the improved and enhanced performance fixes along with the better battery life and more control over the applications powered with the improved user interface.
Before proceeding to the procedure, you need to back up all the data present in the phone so as to ensure that just in case if the data is lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily. With the help of below mentioned steps you can back up the data or else you can also make use of KIES mini to back up the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Highlights of Update:
- Update to Gingerbread 2.3.6
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed*.
Pre Requisite Instructions:
- Ensure that the computer has the minimum of Windows XP or Windows 7 installed (doesn’t support MAC as of now),
- USB Ports should be a minimum of USB 2.0 Standard,
- All antivirus programs as well as Firewalls should be disabled,
- Device should be left with the minimum of 60% battery life so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Last but not the least, you need to Download the latest version of KIES mini in your computer before proceeding to the detailed update guide which is mentioned in the next page.