Procedure to Update Samsung Infuse 4G with Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Once you have installed the KIES mini software tool in your computer by following the on screen instructions, you now need to proceed to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB Cable.
- Once you connect, you will be prompted to select the USB Mode as shown below. Select “KIES” as shown in the below screen capture.
- After this, you will get to see that the drivers will start updating and once all the necessary drivers are installed you will be prompted with the below shown message.
- In your KIES mini, select the option of “Phone Upgrade” as shown below.
- Up next read over the Caution statements. Check “I have read and understood the preceding information”. Click the Upgrade button.
- After this the device will be upgraded automatically, all you need to ensure that computer has high speed data connection so that the update can be downloaded and applied faster.
- Now, once the update is finished, the phone will be rebooted automatically and then Android idle screen will be displayed on your phone. Please note that just in case if there is any power failure or interruption, then you need to re follow the procedure mentioned above so that the device can be updated successfully.
- Once the device is updated successfully, you will see a message as mentioned in the above screen capture.
So, congratulations you have now successfully updated the device with the help of simple instructions. Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try to address the same at the earliest.