One of the Google’s beloved smart phone which is the Samsung’s Nexus S Phone will soon come up with the official update of Ice cream sandwich. In the due course of this article we will talk about on how you can easily install the latest Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 version in your Nexus. Please note that this version of firmware is not the official version and is the leaked version but the best part is anyone with their Nexus S can apply this update. Since its the beta firmware, you may face issues with some of the applications like face unlock and also the NFC functionalities etc. but rest all features have no issues and if at all there are any issues then the same will be rectified in the coming versions which will be released over a due course of time.
The Ice Cream Sandwich firmware comes along with the host of benefits along with many new feature sets which we have detailed in the dedicated article. Also, the list goes endless when we talk of enhancements and also the list of new features too is huge. We would surely like to listen from you on how this update fared for you.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happens to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
- Ensure that the device is left with the charge with a minimum of 60% so as to just ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of process.
- To accommodate this leaked beta Ice cream Sandwich firmware in your device you will have to ensure that the device is rooted first. If you are not sure of whether the device is rooted or not then you need to look out for applications like Super user or Clock Work Mod recovery in your list of apps. If any of the one application is there, then that means that device is rooted.
- If any of the above app is not there then you will have to root the device. To root the device you will have to first download the Rooting Zip file in your computer and then you need to connect your phone with the PC in the USB Debugging mode with the help of USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. USB Debugging can be enabled from the path of Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- You need to run the downloaded batch Zip file which you downloaded in the administrator mode. Now, as soon as you are done with this you will see that the boot loader will be unlocked and the CWM Recovery mode will be ready.
- Once the device is rooted successfully, you will now need to create a backup of all your data which is present in the phone so that the same can be restored just in case if the data is lost in the process of firmware update. With the help of below tips you can easily restore and backup the data.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
So, let’s head to the procedure to update Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Nexus S which is mentioned in the next page. In the next page we will also see on how the Ice Cream Sandwich looks like on your Nexus S.
Pages: 1 2