- So, before you proceed to upgrade the phone’s firmware to the latest XXKH3 version, all you need to first primarily need to make sure that you have taken a backup of all your data which is present in your phone which includes the SMS, Contacts and other data which is present in your phone like images as well as videos and music. As in the process of firmware update, there are very high chances that you may lose all this critical data.
- So, you need to create the backup of the same, to backup you will have to refer the links which are mentioned below. Please note that all the data present / stored in the external SD Card is not tampered with and the data in the same will not be erased even after the firmware update. So, you can move all your data to the external SD Card and then you can prevent your data from getting erased.
- The second most important thing which needs to be backed up are the MMS as well as the APNS settings which are responsible for sending the MMS Settings as well as for accessing the Internet on your phone respectively. It’s preferable to write these settings somewhere so that you can then configure them manually once the firmware is upgraded.
- Please note that if you have rooted your phone previously then as soon as the firmware update you will have to again root the device as the phone will be un rooted and the rooting access will be revoked. We will soon come out with an article on how you can root your device.
- Ensure that you have battery backup of at least above 95% so as to void from calibrating the battery life which is a tedious task. Though, higher the battery backup, the better is the battery backup after the firmware upgrade. Just in an unlikely case, if the process is interrupted in the middle then you will have to follow the procedure again so as to facilitate proper firmware update.
- Please note that you are having the minimum configuration of Windows XP or Windows 7 with the USB 2.0 minimum. Along with this configuration, you should also ensure that you will have to you are having the admin privileges on your computer and also most importantly KIES should be updated to the latest version which is KIES 2.0. Also, if any error message occurs while flashing the update, then you will have to update with the latest version of framework in your computer.