How To Update Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc with Gingerbread Blend Custom ROM Firmware
Want to customize your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc to experience an all new magic of Gingerbread 2.3.4 which is dubbed as “Blend”? Then all you need to do is to just follow the procedure which we will be seeing in the due course of this article. Please note that this Custom ROM is not the official version which is released by the Sony Ericsson as it’s a custom ROM developed by some third party developer who promises to deliver the performance which is missing in the stock / default ROM. In the due course of the article we will see on what are the different processes you will have to follow before you could enjoy this all new custom ROM from the “Blend”.
In the process of installing this you will have to first up need to ensure that the following procedures are completed.
- Unlock the Boot loader and Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc,
- Install Clock Work MOD Recovery in Xperia Arc,
- Installation of Baseband – 49 version in your Xperia Arc,
- Installation of Blend ROM in your Xperia Arc.
Only after following all the instructions which are mentioned above you will be able to successfully update your phone with the latest version of custom ROM that is Blend ROM on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. So, in the due course of the article we will see all of the above along with the pre upgrade instructions which one has to follow before proceeding to the process.
- First and foremost before you proceed for the firmware application, you will have to note that in the process of this custom ROM application the data present in the phone will get lost. So, its very important to create a backup of all the data which is present in the phone so that the same can be restored back a if any of the data is lost. We have made it simple for you as all you need to do is to just follow the links which are mentioned below so as to create the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- So, once you are done with the backup you will now need to ensure that the phone is charged with the minimum battery of 75% so as to just ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- Also, ensure that you are on the computer which has the minimum of Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows Vista and also you should have the admin rights in your PC before you proceed to apply the steps which are mentioned further.
Procedure to Apply Blend ROM in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc:
- Please note that after following the process of Rooting from the above link, you will see a skull shaped icon in your application list which will mean that the phone has been successfully rooted and you are now ready to proceed.
(B) Install Clock Work MOD Recovery in Xperia Arc,
- Now, when the phone is rooted, you will now need to go to the Android Market Place and find for the application called the “ROM Manager”. Just download the same in your phone after which you need to install the Clock Work MOD recovery in your phone.
So, once you are done with the CWM application installation, you are now ready with the next process.
(C)Installation of Baseband – 49 version in your Xperia Arc
- So, after unlocking the boot loader and rooting the device, you now will have to proceed to go to the “Settings” and after that you will have to select the option of “About Phone” and then you need to check the “Baseband version”.
- Please note that you need to check the version and if its version of 49 then you can proceed and if it’s not version of 49 then you need to download the Baseband_49.ftf file in your computer and then you will have to flash the same using the flash tool. Please note that this is the most important step which one should not miss out or else the firmware won’t be able to get ported out successfully.
- So, to start with after downloading the flashtool.zip file, you need to unzip the same in your computer and need to extract the same to get the executable file of flash tool. Open the flash tool file in your computer and then you will then see a screen which is as shown in the below image. After this it will again ask you to extract and then extract to a folder on the desktop as “SE Flash Tool”.
- Now you will have to download the “Baseband49.ftf” ftf file in your computer and then you need to place the same in the “firmwares” folder which will be there in the “SE Flash Tool”. Please ensure that you don’t rename or modify the path of the extraction from the desktop or else it will be difficult to locate the same.
- Once it’s opened, you will see a pop up where in you will have to click on the flash option and then you will have to select the downloaded firmware from the firmwares folder as shown in the above screen shot.
- As soon as you click on Ok, you will then be prompted to connect the phone with the computer and then you will have to connect the device to the computer with the USB cable and then you will have to pick your phone up and then just hold the “Back key” which is located at the bottom left of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.
- Now, after this you need to connect the phone and need to just follow the on screen instructions to update the phone with this Base band version of 49.
- Now, up next is that you will have to download the Time Scape for your Sony Ericsson phone and then you will have to flash this update zip file using the CWM.
- After this you need to download the Sony Ericsson Blend ROM in your computer, move the same to your phone by connecting the same to your computer and by using the fast boot, you will have to flash the Blend Kernel.
- After this you will have to reboot the phone and then you will have to choose the Onyx theme to apply the blend theme.
So, in this way you have now successfully applied this Blend ROM on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues as we will try out level best to solve the same as soon as possible.