Xperia Arc users too can join the ICS Android 4.0 party as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply the latest version of ICS Android4.0.3 firmware. Please note that as of now this update is not yet pushed officially to the devices and is slated to get an update not before May – June 2012. All thanks to the update which was earlier rolled out officially to the Xperia Arc S as this can be ported to the Xperia Arc too. Please note that since this is not the native ICS for the Arc, there will be some minor issues but will be solved in the stable official update which will be rolling out very soon.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites which you need to follow and then in the next page we will be checking out on what is a detailed tutorial. Please be informed that applying with this update won’t root the device and also just in case if you wish to root your phone, you can easily root the same. We will soon be coming up with an article wherein you can easily root your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc on the latest ICS 4.0.3 firmware.
- All the data like SMS, Contacts, Call log, APN, MMS Settings and other data present in your internal SD should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Remove the SIM card as well as SD Card from your phone as its recommended to remove the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. You should have the admin rights in your PC along with the active USB ports with full read / write access.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. ADB Should be installed in your computer without which it’s not possible to make use of this procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Arc from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture. (the actual image may differ as with the shown below as its shown of a Samsung Phone)
- Ensure that your phone is on the latest version of ICS that is 4.0.3 version. This rooting process won’t work on any other build.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Pages: 1 2