Procedure to Update Xperia Arc with ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- So, before you proceed, you need to Download Flash tool as well as the Update file from here to your computer. Install the flash tool in your computer and open as shown in the below screen capture. Now, download the Generic Nordic Version of ICS for Arc S in your computer from here which is dubbed as 4.1.A.0.562 and is an Android 4.0.3 firmware version.
- After downloading the firmware file, you then will have to place the .ftf file which is nothing but the firmware file in the path C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
- Open the Flash tool application and click on the Lightning bolt symbol and select the “Flash mode” radio button as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, you will have to select the right firmware which is on the left side dubbed as “LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB” as shown below and then select all the options exactly in the right as they are which are Wipe User Data’, ‘Wipe Cache’ and ‘No Final Verification Check’ all need to be ticked.
- Now, after configuring everything as per the mentioned tutorial above, you now need to turn off the device so that it can be entered in the flash boot mode. Press and hold the back key and while doing this, connect your Xperia Arc to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- After this, click on “Ok” to start the process of firmware update and once it’s done, you will see a message which will mention that the message “flashing finished”. Now, disconnect the phone from the computer and wait for the device to restart.
- So as soon as the device gets booted up you will see that the firmware update of ICS has been applied successfully. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be shown as 4.1.A.0.562 which is nothing but the latest ICS 4.0.3 firmware version.
Note: just in case if the phone doesn’t get rooted successfully, you need to repeat the whole process from the start to apply this ICS update in your phone.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting your device as we will try our level best to sort out the same.