Having an SONY Xperia Arc S and still waiting for the ICS Android 4.0.3 Official firmware release? Now, no more you need to wait for the same as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how one can easily install the ICS update manually in your Xperia Arc S. For all those who are on the beta firmware or say on the custom ROM firmware can apply this update manually. Please follow all the instructions which are mentioned
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Note: This article should be only applied to the phones which are dubbed as SONY Ericsson Xperia and not to any similar handsets. If this update is applied to any other phone then it may brick the device.
Rooting Information: Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this update the root access will get void. Just in case if you wish to root the device, we will very soon come up with an article which will help you to root the same.
For your convenience, we have broken this article into two pages wherein in this page we will check out on how you can install with the help of a tutorial.
- All the data like SMS, Contacts, Call log, APN, MMS Settings and other data present in your internal SD should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Remove the SIM card as well as SD Card from your phone as its recommended to remove the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Arc S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, then you need to clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode. Also, additionally if there are any lag fixes, you need to disable the same or else it will hamper the process of firmware update.
As soon as you follow all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update.
Pages: 1 2