Procedure to Update SONY Xperia Arc S with Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- First up you will have to download the Flash tool and the update file from here to your computer. Rename the update file as “A”, extract all the contents to place all the files in the “C:/flashtool” path. In the process of doing so, it will ask whether to replace the files, you need to select “yes”.
- Up next, open the Flashtool.exe in your computer and then go to the path C:/> flashtool > firmwares > delete everything present and exit. Download the ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Package for Xperia Arc S in your computer and extract the same to get the .ftf file.
- Open the flash tool and then click on the “flashing icon” situated at the left side as shown in the below screen capture. Select “flash mode > Ok”. On the left box, you must see that the firmware name will be mentioned.
- Now in the right side, you now need to enter the below mentioned options as shown below. Once you have selected all the options, you now need to click on the “Ok” tab to start the process of firmware update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will reboot. You can check whether the firmware has successfully updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will show the current firmware as 4.1.A.0.562.
Note: just in case if the phone doesn’t get updated successfully, you need to repeat the whole process from the start.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of 4.1.A.0.562 Official ICS firmware in your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying the update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.