How to Update Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Firmware
After unlocking the boot loader and rooting the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, it’s now time to make use of the same as in the due course of the article we will check out on how you can install the latest Cyanogen MOD 7.2 version of firmware easily with the help of simple tutorial. Please note that in the process of the process, you will be required to root the device and once you root the device, the warranty will get void. Please note that this is not an Official version of firmware which is released by SONY (formerly known as Sony Ericsson).
In the coming days we will also check out on how one can install the ICS Android 4.0 with the Cyanogen Mod 9 for Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. In the process, there is a possibility that the data present in the device may get lost or corrupted, so it’s important to back up the data.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of updating your phone which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions.
Before you proceed, you need to first up unlock the boot loader & follow the list of pre requisites which includes the list of pre requisites to backup and restore the data which is again one of the important step.
Procedure to Flash Cyanogen MOD ROM in Xperia Neo:
There are two ways with which you can apply the Cyanogen MOD custom ROM in your phone, one is the Recovery method and another one is by ROM Manager method.
- First up you need to Download Cyanogen MOD 7.2 Custom ROM Firmware in your computer and then you need to install the Google Applications Package in your computer. After downloading, connect the phone to the computer and move these two zip files to your phone.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy ACE S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Close / Uninstall all the Firewalls, Antivirus suites as these generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- After this, you need to remove the connected USB Cable and turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the fast boot mode. To put phone in fast boot mode (power off then press lower right key and plug usb cable) and phone LED will light BLUE. Just in case if you are comfortable in entering the phone in fast boot mode then you will need to run the fastboot flash boot boot.img (an black window will open and will stay open until kernel is flashed).
- Now, when the phone boots up in the first 5 seconds you need to press volume down key till you enter into the recovery mode. After this you need to apply the update from the SD Card by selecting the option of “Wipe data / Factory Reset” and “Wipe cache partition” to clear all the cache files if any present in your phone.
- After this you will have to select the option of “Install Zip from SD CARD” and “Choose zip from sd card” to select the Cyanogen MOD 7.2 Custom ROM followed by the Google Apps zip file which you placed in the device.
- Once you finish the above process, you now need to proceed to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select the option of “Reboot System Now” for restarting the device.
- Just in case if you are unable to apply this firmware in your phone then you will have to follow the ROM Manager method too.
So, in this way you have successfully updated your device with the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 series of firmware in your Xperia Neo Device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues in the process of updating the firmware as we will try our level best to come up with the resolution at the earliest.