SONY Xperia Neo V users can now easily apply the latest version of ICS ST18i_4.1.A.0.562 which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. Please note that this is the official firmware update released by SONY and can be applied by all the users globally who are having this device. Anyone with their SONY Xperia Neo V can apply this update, the only condition is that the device should not be the network locked device or else it will brick the device. This all new update comes with host of additives which not just improves the overall user interface but also sorts out most of the bugs related to the Google PLAY and Wi Fi. This update ropes in the latest ICS 4.0.3 version.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
For your convenience, we have splitted this article into two sections, on this page we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and in the next page we will be checking out on a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update. This is a global release and the same can be applied to all the Neo V devices, only thing which you need to ensure is that it should not be applied on the network locked phones.
- All the data like SMS, Contacts, Call log, APN, MMS Settings and other data present in your internal SD should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Remove the SIM card as well as SD Card from your phone as it’s recommended to remove the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Arc S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, then you need to clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode. Also, additionally if there are any lag fixes, you need to disable the same or else it will hamper the process of firmware update.
As soon as you follow all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update.