Procedure to unlock Boot loader in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play:
- Before proceeding you need to first download the Android SDK in your computer and install the same so that you can then install the fast boot shell. After this you need to note down the IMEI number of the device which you can get by dialing *#06#.
- After this turn off your phone and then while pressing and holding the Volume button, connect the USB cable so that it can be connected to the computer.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal in your computer and in the command prompt you need to enter in the below mentioned command.
fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version
Note: Please note that as soon as you connect the phone, the drivers will be installed in the computer so that the connection can be established between the computer and phone.
- Now, visit the Sony Ericsson’s Boot loader Page. Now, in this boot loader page you will then have to select the option of “Yes I’m Sure” to proceed with the same to proceed as shown in the below screen capture.
- Up next, you will have to click on “I accept” to proceed as mentioned in the below image.
- Now, enter details like IMEI number, Name, email ID and then after that enter the captcha and click on submit. Once you submit, within few minutes you will get a mail from Sony Ericsson which will contain the unlock key.
- Keep the unlock Code handy as you will now be requiring while entering the below mentioned command.
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
Note: In the above command you need to replace the term “KEY” which is there at the end with the key which you got in the mail.
After this, you will see that the boot loader will be successfully unlocked and you are all set to go to the next page where we will see on how to apply the Cyanogen mod 7.2 in your Xperia Play device.