Procedure to unlock Boot loader in Xperia Ray:
- First up you need to fast boot on your computer to unlock boot loader of Xperia Ray and then you need to install the Android SDK in your computer so that the fast boot shell can be installed.
- Just for safety, note down the IMEI number of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray which you can get by dialing *#06#.
- After this turn off your phone and then while pressing and holding the Volume button, connect the USB cable so that it can be connected to the computer.
- Now, open the terminal window or say the command prompt in your computer. In the command prompt window you need to enter the below mentioned command.
fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version
Note: Please note that as soon as you connect the phone, the drivers will be installed in the computer so that the connection can be established between the computer and phone.
- After this, you need to head to the Sony Ericsson’s Boot loader Page where you need to first. Click on the Continue Button after which you will be getting to see a screen which is shown below.
- Now, in the above prompt, click on “Yes I’m Sure” to proceed and after that tick on both the options as shown in the below screen capture and click on “I accept” to proceed as mentioned in the below image.
- After this you will have to enter some details like IMEI number, Name, email ID and then after that enter the captcha and click on submit. Once you submit, within few minutes you will get a mail from Sony Ericsson which will contain the unlock key.
- Now, note down the unlock key and then you need to enter into the terminal mode in your computer to run the below mentioned command.
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
Note: Please note that from the above command you need to replace the term “KEY” which is there at the end with the key which you got in the mail.
Now, once you enter the command properly, you will see that the phone’s boot loader will successfully be unlocked and you are now ready to proceed to the next page where we have summed up the instructions to apply the Cyanogen mod 7.1 update in your Sony ERICSSON Xperia Ray.