Procedure to update Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray with Gingerbread 2.3.7 Cyanogen MOD ROM:
- After downloading the Google Apps and Latest version of Cyanogen mod Zip file to your computer, you now need to connect your Sony ERICSSON Xperia Ray phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Now, after this you will have to extract the boot.img file from the Cyanogen mod update.zip file which you have downloaded in the above step and copy the same to the folder of “Fast boot” (/tools folder in the Android SDK folder).
- Now, after this place the Cyanogen Modupdate.zip file in the root of your phone and also place the Google Apps Zip file which you have downloaded in the initial step.
- Up next, disconnect the connected Sony ERICSSON Xperia Ray phone to the computer and turn Off the phone.
- After this “Press and Hold the Volume Button while connecting the Sony ERICSSON Xperia Ray phone to the computer using the USB cable”
- After connecting, you now need to Open the terminal and need to enter the below mentioned command.
fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
- After this, you need to reboot he device and press the Volume buttons a few times so that you can then boot the same into the Clock Work Mod Recovery. As soon as the device is booted in the Clock Work Mod Recovery, you need to use the Volume buttons to move around and press the Power button to select the same. Additionally, you can also backup the current installed firmware so that just in case if you wish to restore back to your stock ROM, you can do so by CWM,
- Select the options “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition”. Now, select the option of “Install zip from sd card”, “Choose zip from sd card” after which you will see that many files will be listed out of which you need to select the option of “Cyanogen Mod update.zip” file which you have downloaded and placed the same in your phone which we saw in the initial steps and also select the Google Apps zip file which you placed.
So, as soon as the installation process is done, you need to select the option of “++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu where you need to select “Reboot System now”. After mere two minutes, to will see that the device will be rebooting and there you go, you have now successfully updated your phone to the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.1 version.
Do let us know just in case if you had any issues in the comments section below as we will ensure that all issues are sorted out at the earliest.