SONY Xperia Acro S smartphone can now be installed with the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware which directly ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware update which comes with the latest Jellybean 4.1 features as well as the latest Google Apps Package. The best part of this update is that it comes with much stability compared to other custom ROM firmwares. All thanks to the Free Xperia Project team which is constantly trying hard to bring on the latest and finest experience of jellybean 4.1 right on your Xperia Acro S device. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply this update with the help of some simple steps and instructions.
For applying this update you will have to ensure that you have rooted the device. Just in case if you haven’t rooted the device, then with the help of below mentioned step you can root the same. Unfortunately, there are no details on by when the Official Jellybean update will be rolled out officially but as in when it arrives, we will let you know about the same,
Now once you have rooted the device, you will have to check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. Also, make sure that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the device can be unrooted is by reapplying the official firmware update which we will be coming up in the next few days.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Before proceeding, backup all the data present in your SONY Acro S smartphone so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use the SONY’s PC Suite for backing up the data as it won’t detect the device in the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%. Also, disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your deivce. Install the SONY Xperia ACRO S drivers from here to your computer.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Install Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware in SONY Xperia Acro S:
- Download the Cyanogen mod 10 Firmware package along with the Google Apps package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will then have to connect your SONY Acro S device to computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Now turn off the SONY Xperia Acro S so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Hold the volume up button and power On the device so that you can enter the device in the recovery mode via the boot loader mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the Cyanogen mod 10 firmware package and then the Google Apps package.
- Once selected, it will take around 5 -6 minutes for applying this update. Also, for the first boot it will take more time than usual as it has to setup all the system files. Ensure that you have cleared the cache in your device as it will wipe all the unwanted data from the recovery mode.
- Please note that for the first boot, the device will take longer time than expected for booting up the device as all the system files will have to be updated. Just in case if you get any force close issues then reboot into the recovery mode and select the options of “Wipe Data” and “Clear Cache”.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1 in your SONY Xperia Acro S device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. To check on whether the firmware is successfully updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone and Firmware Version” to check the current firmware version where it should mention that its on the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware.