How to Update SONY Xperia ARC with Paranoid Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware
SONY Xperia ARC device users can too now benefit from the latest firmware of 4.1 Jellybean firmware as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to apply this update in your device with simple to follow instructions. Unfortunately, there are no updates on by when there will be an Official firmware release but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware which is here for the savior and is here to get you a Jellybean 4.1 experience. For applying this update, you will need to root the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware released by SONY. This all new custom ROM firmware is dubbed as Paranoid custom ROM firmware and comes with all the goodness of Jellybean 4.1 firmware along with the latest apps of Google.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your SONY Xperia ARC smartphone should be backed up with the help of below steps. Once you have created a backup of all the data, connect your device and place all the backup files in your computer. Once the backup files are copied to your computer, disconnect the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%. Also, ensure that the boot loader is unlocked in your SONY Xperia ARC.
Download the app called “Root CHECKER” from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your device is rooted or not, if it’s not rooted you will have to root the same as this firmware only supports the rooted devices.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your SONY Xperia ARC.
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia ARC with Jellybean 4.1 powered Paranoid Firmware:
- Download the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two files in your phone.
- Now, turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode and also you will have to disconnect the same.
- Turn your phone ON and as soon as you do so, you need to keep pressing the Volume Down button. Once it’s downloaded, the device will be entered in the clockwork mod recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Paranoid firmware package and Google Apps package which you have placed in your device. Once its selected, you now need to wait for 5 -6 minutes till the update is applied.
- To check on whether the device has successfully been updated or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it will mention the update as Jellybean 4.1 firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully upgraded the firmware of SONY Xperia ARC with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.