Update SONY Xperia U with Jellybean 4.1 Experience Firmware – Guide
You asked for it and we are here with it, for all those users who are having SONY Xperia U can now upgrade their device’s firmware with the state of the art Jellybean version of firmware in the form of ICS. This Jellybean 4.1.2 release brings in all the latest features in the camera, User interface along with host of other minor things which will actually add to your device’s beauty. Before we directly head on to the detailed procedure on how you can apply this update, you will need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which will prepare your device for the upgrade. Unfortunately, there are no updates from SONY on by when the Jellybean update will be rolled out all over the Globe. This is one of the best and stable firmware releases for SONY Xperia U.
Note: This is the custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware released by SONY.
Features of JB Experience ROM:
- New Sony JB Walkman with Working Download Info – illuminate your music
- New Sony JB Album and Movies.
- Latest Xperia Z Original Themes + Xperia Z Inspired Themes + Default Xperia NxT Themes
- Xperia JB bootanimation + Xperia NxT bootanimation + Naxus bootanimation
- Xperia Z home wallpapers + Xperia Z lockscreen wallpapers
- CM10 ringtone pack.
- Xperia Z JB phonebook
- Xperia Z JB conversation
- My Xperia – find your lost phone.
- Xperia Link – Lets you connect to the internet
- Lockscreen with shortcuts, music control and time.
- Supports OTA (over the air) updates.
- All new build.prop tweaks added.
Note: This firmware should only be applied on the devices which are factory unlocked. Don’t apply this update on the Network Locked devices as it may even brick the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your SONY Xperia U should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use PC Companion or for say ROM Manager to back up the data / ROM as it may not allow you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your SONY Xperia U from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life left in your device should be >50% so as to avoid turning off of the device in the middle of firmware update. Close the PC Companion tool in your computer as it generally runs in the background.
- Check whether your phone is rooted or not, you can check the same from the “Root CHECKER” app from the PLAY Store. Just in case if it is not rooted you will have to root the same and also install the ROM Manager app from PLAY Store to install the custom recovery
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you are now ready to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update.