Ever since the Android Open Kang Project based KANG Xperia team has woken up, a new dawn type experience has been provided to all the SONY Xperia Android smartphone users and on the similar lines, the latest blessing from the house of Kang Xperia project is for the SONY Xperia T device. An all new and freshly baked AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware is all out for Xperia T in the form of a custom ROM firmware. Please note that this is not an Official firmware released by SONY but is a custom ROM firmware. It was just few days back when we saw on how you can root and install the custom recovery image which is a must for applying any custom ROM firmware.
Though there is no Official word by SONY on by when there will be an official firmware update for Xperia T, you can very well flaunt this Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your device. For applying this update, you need to root and install the recovery in your SONY Xperia T Android smartphone.
Features of AOKP Build Firmware:
- Lockscreen Wallpaper
- Lockscreen color changer
- Lockscreen calendar
- Lockscreen SMS customizable shortcut (with icons)
- Lockscreen Horizontal Option
- Performance Menu: (Use With Caution) Max/ Min CPU, Scaling Governor
- Unlock Sceen with Legacy Menu Icon
- Volume Key to Wake Screen
- Volume Key to Skip Tracks
- Long-press back button to kill process
- Disable CRT off animation
- LED pulse settings (time on/off)
- ICS ringtones/notification sounds
- Customize carrier text to whatever.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Download the Super user application in your Android phone and also the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store as it will be needed in the due process. Check whether your SONY Xperia T device is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned instructions you will have to root the device.
With the help of below mentioned steps, create a backup of all your precious data as in the due course of this procedure, the data will have to be wiped off. Don’t backup the data with the help of PC Companion as it won’t recognize the device in the custom ROM firmware. Also, don’t create a backup of data with ROM Manager as it may potentially brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Xperia T from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. Also, minimum charge left in your Xperia T should not be less than 40% as it may get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
If you are trying to apply this from the custom ROM firmware then, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
So once you have followed and adhered to the above summed up instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply the firmware update of AOKP build in your SONY Xperia T smartphone.
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia T with AOKP Firmware:
- Download the AOKP Firmware Package for SONY Xperia T smartphone and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place these zip files in your SONY Xperia T.
- Once the two zip files are placed, disconnect the device from computer and navigate to the ROM Manager app. In ROM Manager app don’t select the Backup option as it may completely brick the device for which we should not be held responsible or liable.
- In ROM Manager app, select “Reboot in Recovery Mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode. It will take a minute to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Once the Xperia T device boots up in the recovery mode, select “Wipe cache data” and “Wipe Data”. Once the data is wiped, select the option of “install zip from SD Card” after which all you need to do is to select the AOKP Firmware Package for SONY Xperia T which you have placed in the phone and then the Google Apps Package.
Tip: If your Xperia T doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to long press the power button to turn off the phone after which you will have to re follow the instructions from the start.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully learnt on how you can apply the update of AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your SONY Xperia T smartphone.