SONY Xperia T Android smartphone users no need to wait for tasting their device with the custom ROM firmware as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware based Jelly Sandwich Custom ROM firmware. Since there is no ETA as of now on by when there will be an official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update, you can make use of this update. This is the first custom ROM firmware for SONY Xperia T and also since this is based on EXT4 file system, the overall performance is very good.
For applying this update, you will have to root SONY Xperia T Android smartphone by following the corresponding instructions. For your convenience, we have also shown the screen captures on how this firmware looks like. So, starting with the pre requisites mentioned below first, we have mentioned the detailed tutorial. For applying this update, you need to root and install the recovery in your SONY Xperia T Android smartphone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Features of Jelly Sandwich Firmware:
- Based on official Sony firmware 7.0.A.1.30
- AROMA Installer with a lot of customization options
- Support for locked and unlocked bootloaders
- Pre-rooted with busybox included
- SuperSU/Superuser – choice in AROMA
- V6 Supercharged 100%
- Time Killer Killer services.jar mod
- Die-Hard Launcher
- Sqlite optimization
- Init.d support
- Init.d BEST TWEAKS
- Jelly Bean Adreno drivers – smoothness visible improvement
- Xperia T bootanimation – WIP on new one
- De-bloatwared 100%
- Build.prop tweaks
- More space in system/media – trimmed tones
- Modificated camera libraries
With the help of below mentioned instructions, manually backup all the data which is highly recommended one. Don’t use SONY’s PC Companion for backing up the data as it doesn’t support the devices on the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your SONY Xperia T Android smartphone. Minimum battery charge left should not be less than 30% or else device may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Once you are done with the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia T with Jelly Sandwich Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Jelly Sandwich Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Xperia T smartphone to the computer with the help of USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and navigate to the ROM Manager app. In ROM Manager app don’t select the Backup option as it may completely brick the device for which we should not be held responsible or liable.
- In ROM Manager app, select “Reboot in Recovery Mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode. It will take a minute to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe cache data” and “Wipe Data”. Once the data is wiped, select the option of “install zip from SD Card” after which you will see an array of files which are there in your phone.
- Select the zip file which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying the update which can be tracked with the help of a progress bar. Once the phone is rebooted, navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” to find the firmware version which should read Jelly Sandwich 4.1.1 firmware version.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your Xperia T smartphone. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.