Waiting for an all new ICS based custom ROM firmware in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo V? Then your wait is over as in the due course of the article we will be checking out on how one can install the latest firmware version of Premium, Smooth and Spacious which comes with host of benefits and features which we have mentioned below. Please note that this is not an Official firmware version released by SONY. Please note that since this update is the custom ROM developed by the third party developers, there will be some bugs which will be addressed in the coming days.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Note: This article should be only applied to the phones which are dubbed as SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo V and not to any similar handsets. If this update is applied to any other phone then it may brick the device.
Rooting Information: Please be informed, once this procedure is applied the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re locking the boot loader again and by applying with the official firmware for which we will try to come up with an article on androidadvices.
Features of Custom ROM Firmware for Xperia Neo V:
- Based on official stock ICS firmware for Neo V
- Rooted and busybox (latest su binary and Superuser.apk)
- 12 Notification toggles with QuickPanel app for editing them
- Many bloatware apps removed
- File manager (ES File explorer) added
- Google maps navigation unlocked for the whole world – credits brutall,ownhere.
- Battery life is very good (thanks to the Night-elf kernel)
- UOT kitchen compatible
- Free 400 MB space
- Odex ROM
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then in the next page we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update this firmware.
- All the data like SMS, Contacts, Call log, APN, MMS Settings and other data present in your internal SD should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. ADB Should be configured in your computer. Xperia Neo V should be on the latest ICS Android 4.0 Firmware which we will be soon coming out with the same.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo V from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.