SONY Xperia Neo V users will be very rejoiced today as in the due course of this article we will be telling you on how you can upgrade your device with the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware. Unfortunately, there is still no update on by when there will be an official firmware of Jellybean for the device but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware makers who have worked hard to come up with this firmware update. Xperia Neo V comes with a very nice feel and when it comes to functionality, it only lacked the goodness of Jellybean 4.1 firmware. This firmware is dubbed as Zelly Cream for SONY Ericsson Xperia NEO V.
Note: For all those who are worried about the warranty void can be rest assured that very soon we will be coming out with the default / factory firmware as well for SONY Xperia Neo V.
So, before we proceed to check out on how you can apply with this firmware update, you would love to know on what are the new features which comes along in the new update. Also, we have mentioned the list of pre requisites below which MUST be followed.
- Latest Cyber Shot Mod,
- Jellybean Wallpapers,
- Xperia Z Wallpapers, Mods, Applications, theme, System UI,
- RAM tweaks of 100MB – 150 MB Free,
- Wi Fi Direct,
- Jellybean Lock Screen,
- Dual Lock Screen Support,
- Latest Lock Screen,
- Jellybean Google PLAY Store and Gmail app
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Since the firmware update process may erase the data / corrupt the data, you will have to make sure that you have created a backup of all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the SONY PC Companion tool
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- As it’s a custom ROM firmware, you will be required to root your device. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you need to check the same from the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, then you will need to root the same with the help of below mentioned link,
- Minimum battery charge left in your device should be a minimum of 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
So, assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this update.
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia Neo V with Zelly Cream ROM:
- Download Zelly Cream Firmware package for Xperia Neo V from here, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- After placing the file, disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager application from PLAY Store to flash the clock Work mod recovery image. Once it is done, select “reboot into recovery mode” to get the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” or an appropriate option to select the zip file which you have placed in your Xperia Neo V. Once selected, it will take around 5 -8 minutes of time for updating.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.