Ever heard of installing a 3 in 1 custom ROM firmware in your Android smartphone? You might not have ever heard it but in the due course of this article we will help you to install the Pacman Custom ROM firmware which ropes in the latest jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is made from the Paranoid, AOKP & Cyanogen Mod ROM Firmware. So, for all those users who are having the SONY Xperia PRO smartphone can install this firmware update. Please note that this is not an Official firmware update released by SONY but is a custom ROM firmware released by the recognized XDA developer mang.agoest.
In the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the things which are working in this build as it’s still in its early stages.
- USB Mass storage
- FM (for some country)
- Brightness & auto brightness
- Camera preview temp fix (don’t switch to front camera, if you get FC caused by switching to front camera or other, go to Settings>>Apps>>Camera>>clear Camera app data)
- Camera video recording 720p (no need to set audio sampling rate to 44.1kHz)
- AOKP ROM Control
- PA Paranoid Preferences
- Tablet UI
- Front camera
- Wifi AP tether (HotSpot mode)
- Native USB OTG
Since this is a custom ROM Firmware, you will have to make sure that your phone is rooted, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in this article.
All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of ONLY below steps and not with the SONY PC Companion. Also, additionally ensure that you have installed the latest version of PC Companion in your computer so as to make sure that all the drivers are installed.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Xperia Pro and also make sure that all of your PC’s USB ports are active and are working. Also, last but not the least ensure that your Xperia Pro is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your SONY Xperia Pro.