SONY Xperia SOLA smartphone can now be easily rooted and installed with an all new custom ROM firmware powered by DoomLord. It was the last time when we saw on how you can root the device and in this we will be checking out on how you can install the 1st custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as SSpeed Custom ROM. Not to get mistaken, this custom ROM firmware ropes in the latest Gingerbread 2.3.7 firmware and not the much speculated ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmware. This firmware comes with enhanced application and also solves all the issues pertaining to the lagginess of the device.
This update is not an official firmware update released by SONY. This is a custom ROM firmware developed by a third party developer. Also, most of the features and apps now work perfectly without any force close issues. In the process of this article we have also showcased the pictures of this custom ROM firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in this article.
Features of SSpeed Custom ROM Firmware:
– Lots of tweaks
– init.d support
– Statusbar toggles
– Swipe to remove notification
– 30 steps media volume + smooth spinner mod
– Hide data notifications
– ICS transition animations
– All stock features
– New wallpapers
– New phone off charging animation
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of instructions you need to follow in terms of Pre Requisites and then the instructions on how to apply this firmware update. Unfortunately, there is still not any exact date provided by SONY on by when the most awaited ICS update will be arriving. But as in when it arrives, we will update you with the same.
In the process of applying this update, your phone will have to be rooted and once the phone is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the Official / Current stock firmware in your phone.
- Xperia SOLA must be rooted & Boot loader should be unlocked so as to apply this custom ROM firmware.
- Only with the help of below mentioned steps, backup the data. There is a probability that the data may be completely wiped off. Don’t use PC Companion tool to back up the data as it won’t detect the phones on the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge left in your phone should be 60% minimum. Enable the USB debugging in your SONY Xperia SOLA. Also, most importantly ensure that all the antivirus suites are disabled in your device as these may interrupt the process of firmware update process.
So, let’s get started with the procedure on how to install the SSpeed Custom ROM Firmware in your Xperia SOLA.
Pages: 1 2