How to Update Spice MI 300 to Android 3.0 Gingerbread
In India, the cheapest Android 2.2 version comes with a price tag of around 220$ (Rs. 9, 900) but what if i tell you that, at just Rs. 9, 500 you can own a Gingerbread mobile device? Yes, and the phone is Spice MI 300 which comes with Android 2.1 version out of the box, but with its great set of hardware, Cyanogen Mod has come out with an fully stable and operational Gingerbread 2.3 version build. Though it’s not a legal one as warranty gets void after doing so, but there is absolutely no harm in doing so as we will guide you on how safely you can install Gingerbread 2.3 on Spice MI 300. Actually this phone is nothing but Z71 model which is imported in India and is adopted by So, now you don’t have to be a serious technoholik to install this Cyanogen Mod for Spice MI 300, after all at Androidadvices, we believe in simplisizing things rather than complexing things.
Please note that it’s highly recommended to create a backup of all your phone data including contacts, messages and other data which is there on your phone as data will get lost in the process of updation. Also, it’s highly recommended to follow the below mentioned steps very carefully as if not followed properly, you might brick your device.
Procedure to install Gingerbread Cyanogen Mod ROM on Spice MI 300:
- First of all it’s very important to update your device with the ROM of vendor and ensure that you are on Eclair 2.1 Android operating system. This one is very important as if you are not on Eclair 2.1 version before proceeding to upgrade, you will face network, Power On issues etc.
- Next up, you will have to Root your device with the help of Z4Root and its recommended to choose Permanent Root than temporary root. Ensure that data connection is present on your phone as this software may download some additional components.
- Next up, you will have to find the ROM Manager from the Android Market Place and need to install the same which is managed by the ClockworkMod and using this, install the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52.
- Now from your computer, you will have to download Cyanogen Mod for Spice MI 300 which is basically a Nightly build and copy the same in your device’s SD card.
- After this you need to download Google Apps and copy this one too in your Spice MI 300’s SD card.
- Now, from your mobile phone, start the ROM manager application and click on the option “Reboot in Recovery”. Once you choose this option, you will enter the ClockworkMod recovery, here you will have to select the Power button to go back.
- After this, you will have to do “Wipe data/factory reset” as this will remove all sorts of cache files and other files which are of Eclair build.
- Now, after this you will have to choose Zip from SD Card that is cm_z71_full-24.zip first and then the second one gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip.
- After the processing and loading gets finished, you need to Reboot the device.
Do let us know if you face any problems in rooting the device or even installing the Cyanogen mod in your Spice MI 300.