How to Update Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone can be easily upgraded to the latest test preview release of Cyanogen mod 10 Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. Samsung has announced that it will soon be coming up with the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware update for Galaxy S3. So for all those who are ready to test their Galaxy S3 smartphone by applying this update can follow the instructions mentioned in this article. For applying this update, you need to ensure that you are on the rooted firmware and the Clock Work mod recovery is installed in your device. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the original firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Features of Cyanogen Mod 10 Preview:
- No more audio death after a call
- Superuser is back
- More CM features added
- OOM fixed
- Crazy OOM bug is fixed
- MTP fixed
- No more derpy ADB
- Underped the camera
- Fixed data usage tracker
- Enabled tracers
- Fixed video editor
- Kernel is updated to 3.0.38
- Underped the camera more.
- SVDO is working.
- Data in your Galaxy S3 smartphone is very critical since you will be needing to wipe the data manually in your Galaxy S3. So with the help of below steps, you need to back up the same. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it doesn’t detect the device in the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% to avoid device from turning Off in the middle of the update process. Enable the USB Debugging Mode too from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. All the security suites in your computer should be turned Off or uninstalled as these interrupt the process of firmware update.
So once you are done with all the above things, it’s now time that you proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update.