- First up you need to ensure that you charge the device with the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get powered Off in the process of the firmware update.
- Once you have charged your tab, you now need to backup all your data which is there in your tab so as just in case if any data is lost in the firmware update then you can easily restore the same easily. For your simplicity, we have mentioned some of the backup and restore methods. It’s recommended to backup the data from the KIES if you face issues from the below links.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
After following the above two pre requisites, you can now proceed to the next step for updating your tab.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Tab with Gingerbread 2.3.5:
There are basically two methods with which you can apply this update, one is the one which you can update when you are in home network and another is the one if you prefer to update the firmware when you are out of home circle or say if you want to update via Wi Fi. The whole process of the firmware update will take around 20 minutes and the total firmware file is of around 70 MB. We will see both the methods one by one in the due course of this article below.
System update Instructions:
- As soon as you get the notification, you now need to tap on the “Install now” button after which the device will power Off and will turn ON automatically. Please note that you can also choose to “Install Later” after which you will be taken back to the home screen in your phone. Please note that if you have chosen to install later then you will get an update prompt after 30 minutes as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, if you press on the “Moe Info” tab then you will get to see more in depth information regarding the update as you can see in the below screen capture.
- After this you need to tap on the “Restart & install”. Just in case if you lose the notification or it gets cancelled by you then you need to go to the path “Home Screen > Applications > Settings > About Device > System Updates” after which just select the option of “Restart & install” after which the device will be powering Off and back on to begin the process of installation.
- As soon as the update commences, the screen in your tab will look like the one which is mentioned below.
So, as soon as the device gets updated successfully, the device will restart on its own and there you go you have now successfully updated your tab to the latest 2.3.5 Gingerbread version. Just in case if you would like to update via Wi Fi, then you need to follow the below procedure.
System Update via Wi Fi:
- Just in case if you are in roaming or say would like to apply the update using the Wi Fi then you will have to go to the path “Home Screen > Applications > Settings > About Device > System Updates”.
- At this point of time you will have to enable the Wi Fi in your tab which you can do the same from the path of “Settings > Wireless & networks” and then you will have to find for the available Wi Fi networks to select the same or else you can also add the Wi Fi networks manually.
If in any case the software upgrade fails then the device firmware will be rolled back to the earlier older version of the firmware and then you again will have to ty the process of the firmware update. The best part is that since it’s the Official release, no damage will happen to the device. So, that’s it you have now successfully updated the tab with the latest version of firmware of Gingerbread 2.3.5. Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below if there are any issues with the updation of firmware.