Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users of Czech Republic now can update their smartphones with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 which is dubbed as XWJW5. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update your unlocked Galaxy S GT I9000 with the XXJW4 update. Please note that this is not a Global update released for all the unlocked devices. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed tutorial on how to apply this update. The latest & official firmware is dubbed as XWJW5 Firmware which is the Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 version.
Caution: This update should ONLY be applied for the devices which are locked on the Vodafone network of Czech Republic. We don’t recommend this update for all other users since it’s a network update released only for devices locked on Vodafone networks.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: Please note that, applying this update will not root the device in any manner and also the warranty won’t get void after applying this update. We will come up with the rooting article just in case if you wish to root your device. Additionally, just in case if your phone is already rooted then the rooting access will be revoked.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Download the Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWJW5 Firmware Package from here to your computer.
- In the process of applying the update, there are chances that the data might get lost or corrupted. So always backup the data by following the below mentioned steps, don’t use KIES to back up the data as it any or may not support the device after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Ensure that you have disabled all the antivirus suites in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update.