If you thought that with only 384 MB of RAM and a single core 1 GHz CPU, you won’t ever be able to make use of Cyanogen Mod 10.2 in your SONY Xperia X10 which is nothing but ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware then you will be delighted to know that you can now easily apply this firmware in your device. Please note that this firmware update though is not an official one from SONY, this is developed by XDA Senior Member scritch007 who is one of the reputed firmware developers. Though this firmware is not fully stable, most of the features do work and the ones which are not working, soon it too will be ported in the coming days.
So, let’s get started with the detailed features, quick pre requisites and then followed by which we will be checking out on what are the detailed instructions you need to follow for successfully applying the update.
- Gallery (only pictures)
- Airplane mode (When leaving airplane mode, it asks for sim code. Just click on reject button)
- halt and reboot
- Default Camera with glitches
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Creating a backup of all your data is an awesome idea, so what are you waiting for? With the help of below mentioned steps its always better to create a backup of all the data so that just in case if any day your data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that you are creating a backup of APN Settings from the path, Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted and to check the same, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check the same. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
As soon as you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Steps to Update SONY Xperia X10 with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1 Firmware package for SONY Xperia X10 and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the two zip files in your device. Once you have placed, disconnect the device from computer.
- Download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store and then select the option of “reboot into recovery mode” for rebooting the device in the recovery mode. Once the device is booted in the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing / wiping all the cache data present in your device.
- Now, select the option of “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware package followed by which you also need to select the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device.
- Once selected, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying this update and once it’s done, select “go back” to select “reboot system now” for booting SONY Xperia X10 in the normal mode.
- Please be noted that it will take more than usual time for booting the device up as it’s the first time the device is being booted after firmware application process. Once you see the home screen, you can check on whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it should read as Cyanogen mod 10 and Jellybean 4.1 firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.