The Ice Cream Sandwich as of now doesn’t look to come very early and it will be spotted just in the second quarter only. Until then manufacturers are back of updating to minor update on their mobile phone to Gingerbread. Today itself AT & T released Android 2.3.6 update for Motorola Atrix 2 and now it comes for Samsung Infuse 4G. This would certainly make the Samsung Infuse 4G users proud of the mobile handset that their choice of going with Infuse 4G is right.
Samsung also cares about this mobile phone and they have today released Android 2.3.6 official update directly available on the user’s mobile phone. Users in India might have got notified of this update by Samsung but those who haven’t received that notification and who are reading this article, you should get ready to update their handset.
The following are the list of enhancements and improvements included the Android 2.3.6 software update –
- This update improves copy and paste function
- You get a completely new multi touch software keyboard
- Improved power management and application control
- Download manager is optimized for long instance of HTTP downloads
- Flight Mode has been added along with the removal of Silent Mode
- This update includes new fonts like Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz and Rosemary
- Android keyboard is now changed with wider space between keys and quick keys at the top
- Provides longer battery life than the previous Android version
- It also improves the application control
- New Widget Traffic added to list of available widgets
Those were the officially released enhancements added in this update and this firmware update also removed the promotional Angry Birds from your phone. That is not a big problem as you can easily redownload it from Android Market.
How to Install 2.3.6 Update to Samsung Infuse 4G
You should make sure that you have atleast 70 % battery left on your mobile phone in order to proceed with perfect installation of Android 2.3.6. Everything on your mobile phone would be lost during this firmware update except the external memory card storage. You can make use of the following applications and check correctly the pre upgrade instructions –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Follow the below procedure to proceed with automatic update i.e., Over the air update –
- From your phone select Settings Icon from the Menu and then click on About Phone.
- Now you need to tap on “System Update” and a message will appear with update information.
- You just need to click on the option of ‘Download‘.
- Once the software update is downloaded you need to click on the Install button.
- Once your software update is installed on your phone you need to restart the phone
Once the update is done, you can check the update is done successfully or not by going through the Menu > Settings > About Phone and it will display every details of your Android phone. Do let us know if you encounter any error during this process update.