Verizon Ellipsis 7 Android Tablet receives Software Update – Details, How to Install
Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet that was launched in November 2013 by Verizon is now receiving an update that will improve many functions of the 7 inch tablet. This device is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1 GB RAM and has a 3.2 MP camera on its rear and has a on-board memory of 8 GB and also got micro SD card slot to extend the memory.
Going according to the list given by official Verizon website the first major improvement is in the 4G LTE data connectivity over Verizon and the Mobile Hotspot User Experience and the device connectivity is also been improved. This update also brings improvement to the Image quality while using the camera and mainly improves the battery life of the device.
The update also gives added support for prepaid plans and makes the SIM card Activation easier for the user. The users can also change the APN name for a Private IP and it also gives the option to configure camera to store photos and videos on a micro SD card. This feature allows the users to move all the applications to the tablet space manually excluding the preloaded apps of the device. There is an improved UI (User Interface) that notifies the users when the device is low on memory. For those who find it difficult to read, here is the list of improvements.
Improvements on Verizon Ellipsis 7
- Verizon 4G LTE data connectivity
- Mobile Hotspot User Experience and Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity
- Image quality when using the camera
- Battery life
- SIM Card Activation experience improvements
- Added support for Prepaid Plans
- Added feature to allow editing of the APN name for Private IP
- Option to configure camera to store photos and videos on an external SD card that can be purchased separately.
- Added option for end users to move all applications to tablet space manually except for the preloaded apps.
- Improved the UI notification for low memory condition
So are you updating your device on OTA? Finding it difficult? Just follow these simple steps and get your update. Make sure the battery on the device is full and Wi-Fi is on.
1. From the home screen tap the menu and go to Settings> Phone Info> Software Update> Check New.
For more information click the source link here.