Launched along with Droid Razr Maxx at CES 2012, Verizon is proud of Motorola Droid 4. Alongside with several handsets which are eligible for the Android 4.0 ICS update included Razr, Razr Maxx and Droid 4. Good news flashes for the Droid 4 users as the Verizon have officially announced the availability of Ice Cream Sandwich to the device.
Finally Verizon has launched Android 4.0.4 ICS update to Motorola Droid 4 even though they were ready with the updates since six weeks. This update has been finally pushed via Over the Air update and it may take few days for the update to reach the devices. Some of the lucky users might get availability starting from today as report by various sources.
As we all know that if you are updating from Android 2.3 Gingerbread to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich you will find significant changes in the user interface and you will find many of the newly introduced features like -
- Introduces content rich and customized resizable widgets
- Introduces new lock screen actions
- Face unlock feature is introduces
- Quick response for incoming calls
- Swipe to dismiss notifications, tasks and browser tabs even easier
- Improved text input and spell checker is very much efficient enough for UK and US English
- Introduces powerful voice input engine via the microphone, dictate the text that you want
- Users have control over the network data
- Designed for accessibility for the blind and visually impaired users as well
- Unified calendar and visual voice mail
- Zero shutter lag camera exposure
- Capture photos while videos is been played
- Redesigned gallery app
- Powerful web browsing and text rendering
- Improved email capabilities of the device
With so many updates, why would one not update your Droid 4 smartphone with these updates.
How to Update
Motorola Droid 4 users who are not sure how to apply this update on their smart phone, they shouldn’t be much worried as the procedure for the update is pretty simple. Just before the update, you should make sure of the following things –
- Backup of your Phone: Before updating your phone, its quite essential to take the backup. For clear understanding on your smart phone you need to go to guide on back up SMS, Call logs, contacts and other content.
- Should be Connected to Wi Fi: There are number of ways in which you can update your smart phone but since this is a big update containing large file size, its recommended to proceed with the updates only when you are connected with Wi Fi.
Once you are ready with those pre requisites you can check the availability by going through Settings > About Phone > System Updates on your Droid 4 phone. Tap on Check Now to connect to the Motorola servers for a response. If it’s says update is available you just hit to Download and it will download the updates for you. You can tap on Download Later option, to apply the updates later. Your phone would be automatically restarted when the updates are applied.
If you are Motorola Droid 4 XT894 owner then do let us know about this update via the comments below.